Your website can have multiple users. You and your wife. You and your business partner. You and your classmate. You and everyone even! Two, three, forty – it doesn’t matter how many people you want to give permission to participate in creating your site, you can add them here.
- Authors and Users: This link will show you all of the current users of your site, their username, name, email, role and number of posts attributed to them.
- Add New: Allows you to add a new user. When you create a new user, you will also create their password, and you will have the option to email that password to them. Be sure to choose that option so the new user knows how to login to their account.
- Your Profile: This page allows you to change the information listed in your profile, such as your name, nickname, bio. This is also where you can change your email address and password.
It’s possible that you don’t want every user of your site to be able to access your ENTIRE site. Here are the different roles you can allow your users to have:
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration feature
- Editor – Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts
- Subscriber – Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.