- I mentioned Le Petit Belle last week. Devan, Tammy and I together can’t figure out if that’s the correct spelling. Today I stopped by the store to visit with the owner, Nancy. She was busy putting out new products and rearranging the furniture. We chatted for a few minutes about the first things she would like done to her website, but then she just threw it all on the table and said, “Well, I would like to know if you have a few hours every day you could come here and work.Um. Uh. What? She said that from 2-5 each day, she tends to have errands to run and so on, and often has to close the store during those times. She thought that I could come work during those hours, be available for customers, and also be able to work on her marketing materials during that time, which tends to be slow. I told her I would talk to Bob about it. So I did, and he said it was a good idea.
- Yesterday I saw an ad on Craigslist for a company here in Grandview who needed some changes to their site. I emailed them, and started on their site today. Their changes are simple enough: making some forms have required fields, fixing a few links, making a new page with a new form…
- I have created a new blog/site for a Meals On Wheels in Minnesota, free to them. This afternoon the director emailed me and said, “OH MY GOD! I just updated a page on the site! It was SOOOOO easy!! Thank you so much!” I wonder why more companies and nonprofits don’t use blogs for their sites.
- This Saturday I have a phone interview with an organization in New York looking for a new site. The interview process seems very formal – this formality does not match their existing site….so I’m interested to see what this interview consists of.
- I have redone the Brothers Together website. It’s just simpler now. We are hoping to plan some sort of benefit by Christmas for them. Soon enough, I’ll start on a site for Robert which I’m looking forward to making because I’m not just making a site – I’m involved in the “company” behind the site.
Ok – that’s it. I guess I just wanted you to know what I’ve been up to. School started this week, and all of my homework due this week is done so far. Robert knows my prof from when he worked at Franklin, so maybe I’ll get some treats for that.
the bed is calling my name. Oh, and go mccain.